How to Perform a Badminton Drop Shot by Slicing the ShuttleTags: Drop Shot Beginner Intermediate Xiao Jie Complete Badminton Training
In this intermediate badminton training video, Coach Xiao Jie shows key points for executing an effective badminton drop shot:
- Aim for a high contact point with the shuttle, in order to create the steepest trajectory.
- Many beginners make the mistake of executing the drop shot by slowing down their swing or using less force in their swing. They think that the shuttle will land closer to the net, hence more threatening to their opponent. While the shuttle may land closer to the net, the speed at which the shuttle travels will be too slow, giving the opponent plenty of time to reach the shuttle.
- Execute the swing at a fast speed. Perform a counter-clockwise downward slicing motion with the racket. At the moment of contact, slice the head of the shuttle with the face of the racket.
- Next Episode: How to Perform a Badminton Net Drive Shot
- Previous Episode: Badminton Mixed Doubles Positioning and Strategies
- Practice Tips for Achieving Ideal Contact Points for Smash, Drops, and Clear Shots
- Shot Control Exercise (2) Drop and Net Rush Badminton Drill
- Backcourt Skill (7) Badminton Backhand Smash | Backhand Clear | Backhand Drop
- Badminton Forehand Clear Shot | Badminton Backhand Drop Shot
- High Quality Badminton Drop Shots | Midcourt Smash Defense